**Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners.
To read the full notice, click HERE
Senate Bill (SB) 205, signed by Gov. Newsom in 2019, requires a person or entity who conducts a business operation that is a “regulated industry” to demonstrate enrollment with the NPDES permit program. The SB 205 only affects those businesses with primary Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes that are identified by the State Water Board as requiring enrollment in the Industrial General Permit (IGP) are affected. Completion and submission of this information is required with your 2020 business license application. For more information, please click HERE
City of Montebello - New Business License Application
What you need to know to get started:
1. Business licenses are renewed on an annual basis and expire on the anniversary of the date of issuance.
2. The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the City of Montebello.
3. Employee identification numbers are required for all new businesses. Sole owner or partnerships are
required to provide Social Security number or California driver's license number for all owners/partners.
LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a Federal Employee Identification Number
(FEIN) or State Employee Identification Number (SEIN) for the business.
4. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You will receive
an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 3 business days you will receive an email containing the
amount due and instructions on how to make payment online.
5. If you are a commerical business located within the City of Montebello, you will need to schedule a fire
inspection after submitting a business license application. To schedule an inspection, please send an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (323) 887-4507.
The City of Montebello would like to welcome you to its business community.
We know that starting a new business can be exciting and challenging.
We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call (323) 248-8614
to speak with a customer service representives